Sunday, September 06, 2009

How do I keep my child from being indoctrinated?

At times I shake my head, because some of the hype and the hatred that is out there starts at home. While I don't believe it is necessary for President Obama to interrupt our childrens' school day for a message on anything, education wise or not, I also think some of the paranoia on this one speech is going overboard. Especially when you read statements like this, How do I keep my child from being indoctrinated? are out there.

The answer to the question would be to first of all teach your child that while the actual office of the President is to be respected, that they aren't always going to say things that they (the parents) agree with and what makes our country so wonderful is that we can disagree with someone, respectfully and with honor...

No comments: