Thursday, May 31, 2007

No damp basement for me...

When we first moved into this house my oldest daughter wanted her bedroom to be in the basement, however it was very damp and musty even after painting and cleaning, which made us look into portable dehumidifiers. I realized that I could not use just any type, that I needed a wet basement dehumidifier and I also knew that with the way my teenage daughter was, that there was no chance that she would remember to empty the unit. We had used units in the past that did not have the automatic shut off and automatic drain feature so I was able to be a smart consumer when it came to knowing which recommended features we needed. After that the hardest part was trying to explain to her how does a dehumidifier work so that she'd realize there were times when it would turn on more than others. Now, she has a livable basement space, well livable in her terms, unfortunately dehumidifiers can't make rooms clean...

:-)

No comments: