Saturday, January 23, 2010

“Tea Party” means nothing

It's a bit of a stronger take than the earlier post about the way in which the original intent of the Tea Party movement has been basically hijacked. I can't say I disagree with it, since part of my reason for not supporting the whole tea party concept was who was out there in front of it. Hence, I recommend Why “Tea Party” Means Nothing! from United Liberty. Just one small portion:

Here’s the problem: the tea parties were not entirely made up of libertarian uproar about BOTH parties, but instead have become a combination of libertarians, paleo-conservatives, and of course neo-cons. Ever since I saw Sean Hannity have a live show at a tea party and talk up the tea parties, I knew that there was a serious misinterpretation about what the tea party movement is and what the true identity is.

No comments: