Friday, July 09, 2010

No wonder why I can't sleep...

After I read this from the National Sleep Foundation:

The bedroom should be visually pleasing and very comfortable. One should use the bedroom only for sleep, sex, and changing clothes, pleasant activities, and if awake in the night should leave the bed and bedroom and spend "unpleasant" times awake in another room. "Waking" activities such as working on the computer, talking with one's partner, talking on the phone and watching TV should take place out of the bedroom.

Not only is our television in the bedroom, but it's where my "office" is so that I don't have to deal with the noise and distractions from the rest of the household. It makes me wonder how many others who turn to the sleeping pill solution are in the same boat, or should I say...bed?

No comments: