Sunday, August 24, 2008

Why is Branson such a destination spot?

A friend recently told me he was taking a trip with his wife and his in-laws and they were going to Branson which got me thinking about all of the other people that I know that have been there and return there. I'd always thought that Branson was for those who really like country western music, which I'm not one of those. Yet when I looked at this Branson Getaways website, I saw there was much more to Branson than country western music.

I was surprised at the number of different vacation packages that were offered, from the Platinum to the Titanium, each one offering a variety of options and a range of things do to for both those on a smaller budget and those not. Something else I wasn't aware of, I didn't realize there was a theme park there, Silver Dollar City, that has roller coasters and water rides as well as other attractions.

After seeing some of the show listings, even music wise there is a selection of different music genres, Legends in Concert as one example. It became clear why I know so many people who go to Branson, and the next time I head out west, a place I'd like to check out.

No comments: