Saturday, May 17, 2008

The land down under...

I was listening to the song "Down Under" by Men at Work, which started me thinking about the "Land down under". Even before an old friend moved to Australia, the idea of vacationing there has been on our list of dream vacations. Once you start looking at some of the different deals for Sydney Hotels or Melbourne Hotels you discover that it's really much more affordable than you might imagine to stay in Australia.

For me the history aspect of a visit would be my primary focus, the lure of Brisbane Hotels being one of strolling the areas where Aboriginal tribes first lived before the English settlers arrived. The whole history of the original creation of a penal colony there has been something I've spent many an hour reading about. It's entirely possible that some members of my family that stayed in England could have very well ended up in Australia.

Then of course there is Perth, the first free settlement in Australia where not only is there a rich history but the temptation of Perth Hotels where some of the room service offerings include the famous vegemite sandwich.

No comments: