Wednesday, December 26, 2007

It's about more than the right diet meal, it's about a healthy lifestyle...

The bottom line reality when it comes to Americans is many of us weigh more than we have in the past and weigh more than what we should. This means the solution is a much larger one that just finding the right diet meal that you can tolerate to drop some of those additional pounds, it's about developing a healthy lifestyle where after the diet you don't just put the weight back on. One of the key reasons why many do weigh more is because we lead a much more sedentary life than we used to. I know this first hand, the hours I spend at my computer are not exactly helping me to achieve permanent weight loss.

I started walking two years ago, at first it was hard to motivate myself to do it on a regular basis, something always came up and I'd put it off then discover I had not walked. Part of this was my not wanting to accept how bad of shape I was in physically, when I was winded after a one mile walk it was hard to not feel like a failure. Now I try to walk at least one mile a five days a week aiming most times for two miles instead and I feel better when I come back in. I'm also doing some other basic exercises in addition to following some common sense diet tips. Websites like www.weight-loss-diet-help.com can be a huge help, not only providing information on the popular diet plans out there but also giving you tips and other advice to help you not only get to the ideal weight you'd like to be at but to be a healthier you as well.

No comments: