Saturday, January 10, 2009

It definitely sounds Latin...

I knew first it was some type of a medical term when I came across the word, Plantar Fasciitis, and I assumed it had something to do with feet, given the Latin word planta, 'sole of the foot' but what I didn't know is this particular condition has been called "flip-flop disease." No, not because of anything related to politics but because it happens frequently to people who were open backed shoes with no supports, or in other words, flip-flops.

So see? Another reason to leave summer shoe wear to the summer, yes, this would also apply to several of my bunch that wear their flip-flops even in the winter. You know they even have socks designed for people with flip-flop fetishes...

2 comments:

Timothy W Higgins said...

Jeez LisaRenee, I thought that the binding of feet was retricted to Japan and was eliminated years ago. On the other hand, I believe that people who wear socks with flip-flops need to be punished in some fashion.

Unknown said...

Three of my daughters would face that punishment.

:-)

Personally I think they look silly.