Monday, June 23, 2008

Mmmmm toasty!

I'm feeling a bit under the weather today which has made me think about one of my main comfort foods, tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. I realize most people like them smooshed and "grilled" but for me, I prefer them as they come out from toaster ovens since to me it creates a better end result. Especially when you are planning on dipping the sandwich into your soup.

Most appliances have changed in the years since their creation and toaster ovens are no different. There are even combination appliances out there that include a coffee maker and a toaster oven. Or, a toster oven with a toaster, which is my favorite design style since it gives you the ability to toast the traditional way and to be able to use the toaster oven as well.

Another food item that I also think turns out better with toaster ovens is frozen pot pies. You can supposedly microwave some of them but it never gives you the best crust result and you can of course use a traditional oven but that seems like such an energy waste if you are only making one or two. Pot Pies are another one of those comfort foods from my past that are still easy and cheap to make.

No comments: