Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Obama tries to kick the habit...

I don't know how I missed this Washington Post article, but better late than never because I know that for many of you the idea of electing a man who *gasp* smokes is a problem:

CHICAGO, Feb. 11 -- Michelle Obama says she agreed to help her husband run for president on one condition: That he finally quit smoking. For good.

"I hate it," she said on CBS' 60 Minutes, according to a transcript released Sunday. "That's why he doesn't do it anymore. I'm proud to say. I outed him -- I'm the one who outed him on the smoking. That was one of my prerequisites for, you know, entering this race, is that, you know, he couldn't be a smoking president."

Obama has struggled to quit smoking for years, but friends have said he finally stopped several weeks ago. At the end of a press conference on Sunday, the Illinois senator returned to the podium when a reporter shouted out asking whether he was still smoking.

"No," he said. "I've been chewing Nicorette all day long."


Keep your eye on him people, his wife wants you to tattle on him if you catch him smoking. Yes it is the new "Catch Obama Smoking" contest coming to a blog near

No comments: